Pancreatic Shock for Breakfast
- 2 cans Texas-style biscuits
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple sugar
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2 tsp cinnamon
Icing: 2 cups powdered sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 2 T. cream
Preheat oven to 380 F. Grease a loaf pan. Sprinkle in a bit of the sugars, a few nuts and put on a layer of biscuits. Brush the biscuit layer with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon. Add more sugars, and repeat, until all the biscuits are used up, ending with cinnamon.
Bake at 380 for about 45 minutes, until the biscuits in the middle are done (you will have to lift a couple of the top ones to check). Mix the icing ingredients and spread on the top, allowing the loaf to cool as the icing melts down.
- 5 small zuccini squash, shredded
- 1 small sweet onion, minced
- 1 cup cooked fresh sweet corn, cut from the cob
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped (measured before chopping)
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- 2 t minced garlic
- 2 c self-rising cornmeal mix
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- Bacon grease
Mix all the ingredients, except the bacon grease, which is used on the hot griddle to crisp the pancakes. Cook by large spoonfuls on a 380 degree griddle about 10-15 minutes on each side.